- About This Project
Tree Canopy BMPs
- Stormwater Benefits of Trees
Tree Canopy Scenarios
- Subdivision Roadway
- Urban Downtown Street
- Parking Area
- Tree Selection, Installation & Care
- Model Regulation
Hobby Farm BMPs
- Section 1. Introduction To Hobby Farming & Water Quality
- Section 2. Getting Started: Understanding Your Hobby Farm Site
- Section 3. Creating a Stormwater Management Plan For Your Hobby Farm
- Section 4. Nutrient Management For Water Quality
- Section 5. Animal Management For Water Quality
- Section 6. Stormwater Runoff Site Management
- Section 7. Hobby Farm Management & Safety
- Hobby Farm Guidance Survey
- Project Resources
- Contact Us
This prototype consists of a parking lot, typical of one which could serve a commercial, industrial, or multi-family residential land use. The lot consists of "double loaded" parking aisles with planting islands. The analysis considers variations of the placement of the islands and the provision of trees, to cover a range of potential planting densities as described below:
- Provision of a parking configuration comprising four double-loaded parking bays (8 rows of parking and four access aisles) uninterrupted by planting islands (approximately one acre of pavement). The layout is landscaped with small trees (25-foot crown spread) placed at the outer perimeter of the parking area. Tree spacing within longer planting islands was set at 27 feet on center.
- Provision of a parking configuration consisting of two double-loaded parking bays, separated by a planting island from an additional two double-loaded parking bays. The same total number of parking spaces is provided as in the first scenario, but additional planting space is included. For this alternative, large trees (40-foot crown) were included at 45-foot spacing.
- Provision of a parking configuration of four double-loaded parking bays, with each bay separated by a landscaped island. Large trees with a 45-foot spacing were included for this scenario.
These planting strategies are shown in the links below.