- About This Project
Tree Canopy BMPs
- Stormwater Benefits of Trees
Tree Canopy Scenarios
- Subdivision Roadway
- Urban Downtown Street
- Parking Area
- Tree Selection, Installation & Care
- Model Regulation
Hobby Farm BMPs
- Section 1. Introduction To Hobby Farming & Water Quality
- Section 2. Getting Started: Understanding Your Hobby Farm Site
- Section 3. Creating a Stormwater Management Plan For Your Hobby Farm
- Section 4. Nutrient Management For Water Quality
- Section 5. Animal Management For Water Quality
- Section 6. Stormwater Runoff Site Management
- Section 7. Hobby Farm Management & Safety
- Hobby Farm Guidance Survey
- Project Resources
- Contact Us
This prototype comprises a town street with a total width of 90 feet. This roadway example includes two 12-foot wide travel lanes, two parallel parking lanes (each 9 feet wide), and 12-foot wide sidewalks on both sides. The three planting scenarios chosen for this prototype include the following:
- Provision of large trees (40-foot crown) on both sides of the street spaced at approximately 40 feet (12 trees on each side of a 500-foot long block).
- Provision of small trees (25-foot crown) on both sides of the street spaced at 25 feet (similar to the length of a parallel parking space).
- Provision of 1 large tree (40-foot crown) on both sides of each intersection at the ends of a 500-foot long block (4 trees total for the block).
These planting strategies are shown in the links below.